Poker is one of the most popular game in a casino. It is a competitive card game played by different players. When you play poker, the dealer doesn’t go against any of the players. Instead, his responsibility is to just give out the hands and make sure the winner gets the pot.
Retail and online casinos offer different types of poker. Some versions have the player play against the dealer, who represents the pay per head casino. No matter what the version might be, the concept remains the same. In fact, you need to beat the other hands to win a game.
Before you play poker, it is important to know the rules and various strategies. It will help improve your winning rate and enjoy the game better. Also, it can help you beat the casino and bookie software.
Learn How Play Poker
No matter what type of poker you are going to play, the rules remain the same. One thing you need to learn is the ranking of the poker hands. Knowing which hand ranks higher can help you make smarter decisions in the game.
Here are the different hands in poker from highest to lowest:
- Royal Flush – The hand consists of a 10, J, Q, K and A of the same suit. This is the strongest hand in poker unless the variant has wild cards in play that will allow Five of a Kind in one hand.
- Straight Flush – Composed of five cards in consecutive order belonging to the same suit. For instance, you have 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 of hearts.
- Four of a Kind – Having four cards of the same value.
- Full House – Hand with three of a kind and a pair. For example, a hand with A, A, 10, 10, and 10.
- Flush – Five cards of the same suit. Their value doesn’t matter.
- Straight – Having five cards in consecutive order but dissimilar suits.
- Three of a Kind – Hand with three of the same cards.
- Two Pairs – Having two pairs in one hand. The fifth card is called the kicker.
- Pair – Having two cards of the same value.
- High Card – If all players don’t have a poker hand, the dealer determines the winner through the high card. Ace is the highest card.
These are the poker hands and their rankings. Just like in sports betting, poker hands do have odds. You can beat the odds by learning the ranking of the poker hands.
This is the end of the bookie pay per head guide. Make sure you read the other gambling tutorials to learn how to play other casino games.